Patients Finder Report
- We have added a new app called Patients Finder that allows you to search, filter and sort the practice’s patients into a list.
- For example, you can see how many patients were referred from a certain source that live in a certain city that are between the ages of 20-30.
- The result can be printed and exported.
- You will also be able to open the patient to see more information about them and their individual insights and other actions such as send emails, create a payment plan, etc (coming soon).
- You will also be able to open patients directly in Practice Visuals from OpenDental using program links (coming soon) or any other Windows app.
Layout Redesign and User Interface
- We have changed the layout to make using Practice Visuals easier.
- Each report will now ask for the filters when loading.
- We have also implemented better filter change reload and refresh UI.
- Provider’s Setup has been moved to the Settings page now for easier setup.
- We have added quick procedure buttons that can select a group of procedures in your filters quickly.
- Login page now has options to automatically connect to previous database and only show authorized users.
- You can now share or export your reports to an image or a spreadsheet such as Excel.
- This can be done on all Data Breakdown’s as well.
- Loading of queries now uses a Data Repository that will be cached for the last hour to improve loading speeds significantly.
- For example, if you load the Trends app for Production for the last year and then switch to load the same in the Calendar app, it will not query the database again. Changing Provider and Procedure filter will also not require re-querying.
- This leads to an average report load time improvement of 60%.
Bug Fixes and Other Enhancements
- Fixed several issues with the user interface.
- Enhancements to error reporting and handling.
- Practice Visuals is now region aware and will use FDI tooth numbering for metric systems and universal for others based on Windows settings. This will also change the quick procedure code(s) defaults automatically.